The Trochanter Elite Wedge is constructed with G.I.V.E. PLUS foam. It is designed to absorb vibration and shock, has excellent pressure redistribution, as well as certain advantages which are unique to G.I.V.E. PLUS:
- Reduces shear by giving in the direction of body movement
- Remains cool for an extended period of time, helping to reduce skin temperature
- Does not become overly firm in cold temperatures
- Does not become overly soft in hot temperatures
- Made from 50% renewable resources
AT A GLANCE
- The Trochanter Wedge is a convex-based wedge that helps to stabilize the lower extremities and redistribute pressure while inhibiting heat build up.
- The wedge's base will inhibit the internal rotation created by a flat-bottomed cushion placed in a sling-type wheelchair.
- The medial thigh separator and leg contours will assist in the alignment and slight abduction of the lower extremities.
- The coccyx scooop and ischial step will inhibit sliding and provide a slight posterior pelvic tilt at the hips.